Companies operating in the notified processing zone in SmartCity Kochi can benefit from the following incentives and facilities for their authorized operations approved by the Ministry of Commerce, Board of Approval (BOA):
- 100% foreign direct investment permitted.
- Duty free import/domestic procurement of goods for development, operation and maintenance of SEZ units
- Direct Tax benefits as per Income Tax Act 1961, amended from time to time. Visit incometaxindia.gov.in for more details.
- External commercial borrowing by SEZ units up to US $ 500 million in a year without any maturity restriction through recognized banking channels. Visit rbi.gov.in for more details on FEMA.
- Exemption from Goods & Services Tax (GST) on construction material, capital equipment, raw material, spares, consumables and services.
- Single window clearance for both Central and State level approvals.
- Exemption of stamp duty and registration fee for sub-lease registration of units
- On-site customs and self-certification processes
Developers and Co-developers at SmartCity Kochi can benefit from the following additional benefits
- Income Tax exemption on income derived from the business of development of the SEZ in a block of 10 years in 15 years under Section 80-IAB of the Income Tax Act.
- Visit sez website sezindia.gov.in for details